Farm, Forestry and Garden Workers includes jobs like Bush Regenerator, Indoor Plant Technician, Irrigationist, Kelp or Seagrass Gatherer, Seed Collector, and Weed Controller.
- irrigates land for crop growth
- collects seeds and cultivates seedlings for replanting purposes
- plants crops using hand tools and farm machines
- builds trellises for climbing plants and vines
- fells and de-barks non-productive crops and thins young plantations
- sprays plants, crops and pastures with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- operates machinery to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest crops
- selects and harvests crops according to size and ripeness, while discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grades, sorts, bunches and packs produce into containers and loads onto trucks
- maintains farm, forest and garden roads, buildings, facilities, signs and equipment.
- physically demanding
- requires driving
- working outdoors.