Other Textile and Footwear Production Machine Operators includes jobs like Feltmaker, Net Maker, Rope Making Machine Operator, and Tufting Machine Operator.
- prepares machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments and components for specialised functions
- sets and operates controls used to regulate processing operations
- starts machines and monitors operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- cuts and machines leather and synthetic shoe uppers, and makes shoes using moulded and cement construction techniques
- threads loom shuttles with cross-yarn arms
- positions and feeds machines with fibre packages
- repairs broken yarns by tying and splicing ends
- loads drums with textiles and dye
- examines finished products for defects and variations.