Knitting Machine Operators operate machines to knit fabrics, garment parts and other articles from yarns such as cotton, wool, nylon and rayon.
- prepares machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments and components for specialised functions
- sets and operates controls used to regulate processing operations
- starts machines and monitors operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- threads loom shuttles with cross-yarn arms
- positions and feeds machines with fibre packages
- repairs broken yarns by tying and splicing ends
- examines finished products for defects and variations, reporting faults in machines, and carries out quality control procedures.