Hide and Skin Processing Machine Operators operate machines to convert raw hides and skins into finished leather for use in clothing, footwear and upholstery.
- prepares machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments and components for specialised functions
- sets and operates controls used to regulate processing operations
- starts machines and monitors operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- loads drums with hides and skins, textiles, and dyeing and tanning solutions
- examines finished products for defects and variations, reports faults in machines, and carries out quality control procedures.
- physically demanding
- requires driving.