Telephone Betting Clerks record and process customer bets and account details over the telephone for horse and dog racing, and other sports events. They may work in call centres.
- records and enters bets, debiting credit and bank accounts electronically
- records and enters bets electronically and in transaction ledgers
- issues electronic tickets and prepares summaries of transactions
- monitors amounts of money placed on race entrants
- checks details and numbers on winning betting tickets against those in electronic records, and pays out money on winning tickets
- verifies the identity and account balances of betting agency customers
- answers betting inquiries over the telephone, via email and in person
- may work in a call centre.