Body Artists decorate, adorn or modify the human body by using a range of techniques such as tattooing, piercing, cutting, branding, manipulating, stretching, and scarring the skin.
- explains tattooing procedure to client
- ensures client is certain about wanting a tattoo
- helps the client chose an image, interprets the client's ideas to form a suitable image, copy or design image for the client, resizes image to fit the body part it is going on and makes a stencil of the image
- shaves the area being tattooed and applies disinfectant to the skin
- puts the stencil on the skin to ensure it fits with the body part
- solders the group of needles onto the needle bar
- draws the outline, colouring and shadowing of the tattoo with inked needles
- applies cream and antiseptic covers to the finished tattoo
- tells clients how to properly care for the tattoo
- ensures all sterilisation equipment is kept in good working order
- ensures the studio and equipment meets with sterilisation, waste management and health and safety standards
- trains people.