Kennel Hands provide routine care for dogs, including feeding, exercising, monitoring their health, and cleaning kennels.
- bathes, cuts, combs, blow-dry's and styles pets' coats, clips their nails and cleans their ears
- inspects, prepares, cleans, disinfects and maintains comfortable cages and enclosures
- transports food, fills water troughs and feeds animals according to their individual needs
- maintains animal health records, treats minor injuries and reports serious conditions to veterinarians
- exercises and plays with animals, answers visitor questions and transfers animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them
- dusts and sprays insecticides on animals and immerses them in insecticide baths to control insect pests.
- physically demanding
- working outdoors.