Other Medical Technicians includes jobs like Audiometrist, Dialysis Technician, Electroencephalographic Technician, Mortuary Technician, Neurophysiological Technician, Orthotic and Prosthetic Technician, Ophthalmic Technician, Perfusionist, Renal Technician, Respiratory Technician, and Sleep Technician.
- operates equipment used in diagnosing and monitoring disorders of hearing, the heart, kidneys and nervous system, and during anaesthesia
- undertakes and assists with medical analytical procedures and assists anaesthetists and surgical teams
- records the electrical activity of the heart, from which the heart rate is measured and pattern and rhythm is interpreted
- prepares and stains slides and tissue sections to study the cells of blood for histological examination
- performs diagnostic tests on tissues and fluids and analyses the chemical constituents of blood, urine, faeces and tissues
- tests for diseases by looking for the presence of antibodies and the products of immune response in samples
- sets up, checks and maintains operating theatres, and anaesthetic workstations, life support machines and associated equipment.