Pathology Collectors extract, collect, label and preserve blood and other specimens from patients for laboratory analysis.
- greet donors
- records donors' personal details, including their weight, age, blood type and contact details
- explains the procedure to donors and checks their personal details
- takes a finger-prick test to check the donor's haemoglobin (red blood cells) and ensure that iron levels in the blood are normal
- takes blood from donors
- informs donors of emergency medical contacts for potential side-effects of donating blood
- cares for donors who may be feeling dizzy or have another adverse reaction
- provides refreshments for donors, and ensures they absorb enough sugar back into their system
- maintains machinery and orders supplies
- advertises blood collection days
- drives a blood bank collection vehicle
- gives speeches about donating blood.
- requires driving