Other Special Education Teachers includes jobs like Aboriginal Education Teacher and Distance Education Teacher.
- assess students' abilities and limitations
- plans, organises and implements special programmes to provide remedial or advanced tuition
- administers various forms of assessment and interprets the results
- teaches basic academic subjects as well as practical and self-help skills to children with special needs (e.g. distance learners or migrant students)
- devises instructional materials, methods and aids to assist in training and rehabilitation
- advises, instructs and counsels parents and teachers on the availability and use of special techniques
- stimulates and develops interests, abilities, manual skills and co-ordination
- confers with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons for special needs students
- prepares and maintains student data and other records and submits reports.