Horse Breeders breed and raise horse for competition, dressage, eventing, showjumping, riding for pleasure, and working.
- breeds and raises livestock for competition, dressage, eventing, show jumping, riding for pleasure and working
- maintains the health and condition of livestock
- provides pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moves livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- conducts farming operations
- oversees general farming activities such as maintaining stalls, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintains fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organises the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock
- evaluates records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production
- manages business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors.
- physically demanding
- requires driving
- working outdoors.