Other crop growers manage the production and harvesting of various crops, including coffee, ginger, hops, mushrooms and tea tree.
Work is on farms and is generally in rural areas. Early mornings and long hours are usual during planting and harvest.
Suits people who work well within a team and have the ability operate and control farm equipment. Basic English and an interest in farm production and agriculture or horticulture are helpful.
- select and plant seeds, bulbs or seedlings
- cultivate crop production by maintaining optimal growing conditions
- harvest or collect, clean, store, grade and package produce for market
- assist with the sale and dispatch of produce
- perform or oversee farming activities such as fertilising, pruning, pest and weed control
- maintain farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- keep and evaluate records of farming activities and plan production to meet market demands
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors.
- physically demanding
- requires driving
- working outdoors.